1. Getting Pre-Approved: This step solidifies your home buying power by determining your budget and providing a pre-approval letter that lets sellers know you are ready and able to purchase their home. Team Jason works with a handpicked selection of loan officers that will educate you on different loan products, and help select the best option for you.
2. Refine Your Focus: Most home buyers have a general idea of their needs and wants in a home, but need help defining specific search areas and criteria. Jason and Jane are both Twin Cities natives with extensive knowledge of Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding suburbs. They can provide information on neighborhoods, school districts, and local attractions. In addition, they can educate you on factors such as resale potential and market trends that will impact your investment.
3. View Properties: Real Estate moves fast! Many homes are selling within the first few days or weeks they are on the market. Jason and Jane work together to make sure someone is always available to show you homes as soon as they hit the market.
4. Making an Offer and Negotiating: Determining fair market value of a property is complicated. When making an offer it is important to be educated on the current market values so that you don't inadvertently offer too much (or too little!). Team Jason's expert knowledge of the current real estate market can protect you from making these mistakes. We provide data on comparable homes and contract terms so that you can feel confident when negotiating your offer.
5. Inspection: Home inspections may be the most important step of the buying process. Team Jason always recommends that our buyers hire an accredited and insured inspector to complete a thorough check for health and safety hazards, structural deficiencies and other major defects. We provide our buyers with a list of trusted professional inspectors that will give our buyers peace of mind when purchasing their new home.
6. Loan Approval: Once your offer has been accepted and inspection is complete, your Loan Officer can start your final loan approval process. Team Jason works side by side with you and your lender to provide them all documents and information they need to move the loan approval along in a timely manner.
7. Closing: Team Jason works closely with our expert Title team to seamlessly put all the pieces together to successfully get you to the closing table.